Tuesday, July 7, 2015

From Further Along

They're carving their names on our tree.
I pray they don't accidentally carve ours out.

They're twiddling each other's fingers.
I put that old plastic ring on and pretend it's Your hand.

She's waiting for him to text.
I've ran to the mailbox for 6 weeks straight.

He's whispering "I Love You" in her ear.
I read it a week later.

They're hold each other as the tears fall.
I squeeze that old stuffed animal.

They're missing after one day of not seeing each other.
We miss everyday for 8 months.

They're crying after having to say goodbye.
I still do.

They've just begun.
We're halfway through.

They feel.
I remember.


We were once blissfully them.

But now we're perfectly Us.

And while I sometimes miss being blissfully them,

There's a reason we're perfectly Us now.

1 comment:

  1. This is so beautiful.

    They've just begun.
    We're halfway through.

    Yes.

    ReplyDelete